Without a doubt, the ISO 17025 2017 has been acknowledged as a worldwide recommendable standard for testing and standardization of laboratories to ascertain their tool’s integrity which will deliver a reliable outcome. This standard has become a reliable tool’s integrity flag bearer for laboratories.
About 13 years ago, the previous edition of ISO/IEC 17025 was released. The release brought a much useful change to the standardization requirements. Also, the ISO international standards saw the need for more unity between them and other international documents due to the collective effort they put into the various aspect of the previous edition.
As a result of these two developments, the third edition of ISO/IEC 17025 went through a series of modifications. The means of validating the document is now similar to the novel standard such as that of ISO 9001, and ISO/IEC 17021-1 based on collaborative work by ISO and IEC through the Committee on conformity assessment known as CASCO. Specific similitudes between the ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 9001:2015 are stated in the ISO/IEC 17025 standard.
Also, the new requirements for testing and standardization laboratories have witnessed a new design to be compatible with the previous ISO/ICE conformity assessment standards.
These international standard modifications are centered on the developments attributed to the ISO documents. In respect to conforming with the contemporary industry requirements, the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 has been made with the following modifications;
- There has been an addition of risk-based thinking. This modification leads to the alleviation of standard prescriptive guidelines which has been substituted by performance-based guidelines.
- There is a more suppleness attached to the procedures, methods, documented details, and industrial obligation guidelines
- There has been a terminology upgrade, such as the meaning of the word “laboratory.”
- The modified standard will henceforth become applicable to digital documents, the use of computer systems, and the release of reports and outcomes electronically. A more concentration will now be placed on information technologies as a result of this particular modification.
- The new standard covers a wide range of laboratory events which include – but not limited to – standardization, testing, and sample collection related to calibration.
In conclusion, it is worthy to note that the ISO 17025 2017 is also a significant aspect of standard packages such as ISO 17025 2017 / ISO/IEC 17025:2005 – Competence of Laboratories Transition Set, ISO 15189 Competency Testing and Calibration of Medical Laboratories Package, and ISO 10012 and ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratories Measurement Management System Requirements Package. All in all, the ISO 17025 2017 modifications are all pointers towards better accuracy, effectiveness, and reliability of laboratories.
Contact QSE Academy today to get a complete documents kit for ISO 17025 2017 in affordable pricing. For more details & online consulting, check here now.